- Rafael Bermeo, Anna Bernardi, Annabelle Varrot, BC2L-C N-Terminal Lectin Domain Complexed with Histo Blood Group Oligosaccharides Provides New Structural Information. Molecules 2020, 25, 248, doi:10.3390/molecules25020248.
- Kanhaya Lal, Rafael Bermeo, Serge Perez, Computational tools for drawing, building and displaying carbohydrates: a visual guide. Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry 2020, 16, 2448–2468, doi:10.3762/bjoc.16.199.
- Dania Martínez-Alarcón, Annabelle Varrot, Elaine Fitches, John A. Gatehouse, Min Cao, Prashant Pyati, Alejandro Blanco-Labra, Teresa Garcia-Gasca, Recombinant Lectin from Tepary Bean (Phaseolus acutifolius) with Specific Recognition for Cancer-Associated Glycans: Production, Structural Characterization, and Target Identification, Biomolecules 2020, 10, 654. doi: 10.3390/biom10040654.
- Blijke S. Kroezen, Gabriele Conti, Benedetta Girardi, Jonathan Cramer, Xiaohua Jiang, Said Rabbani, Jennifer Müller, Maja Kokot, Enrico Luisoni, Daniel Ricklin, Oliver Schwardt, Beat Ernst, A Potent Mimetic of the Siglec‐8 Ligand 6’‐Sulfo‐Sialyl Lewisx, ChemMedChem 2020, 15, 1706-1719. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.202000417.
- Elena Maria Loi, Matjaž Weiss, Stane Pajk, Martina Gobec, Tihomir Tomašič, Roland J. Pieters, Marko Anderluh, Intracellular Hydrolysis of Small-Molecule O-Linked N-Acetylglucosamine Transferase Inhibitors Differs among Cells and Is Not Required for Its Inhibition. Molecules 2020, 25, 3381. doi: 10.3390/molecules25153381.
Science is Wonderful!
Science is wonderful! It is a free exhibition that brings the world of science closer to the public. It brings together scientists from around the world to present 3 days full of science and recreation activities in one place.
This event represents the perfect occasion for schools, families, and youth can meet and talk with researchers, ask them questions, conduct their own experiments, play games, and watch a variety of online activities in different languages.
With a mounting success and a rising number of visitors, Science is Wonderful! has become the flagship event to highlight EU-funded research by showcasing MSCA researchers and their projects to the wider public.
In the 2019 exhibition, our ESRs Margherita Duca and Dania Martinez participated in this event with the project entitled “Unmasking pathogenic fungi” to shows how their Ph.D. projects impact our daily lives and, to inspire young visitors to embark on an exciting career in science!